Green Visa in Dubai, UAE
The UAE government has created some new entrance visas and residency permits and enlarged the categories of Golden Visas. The green visa in Dubai, UAE is one of them. The UAE has restructured its entry and residence system, demonstrating how it aspires to be the finest location for work, investment, entrepreneurship, education, and living.
One of the most significant reforms to the UAE visa system in recent years, streamlining the scheme to 10 types, is a “step that promotes the country’s competitiveness in the tourism, economic, and educational sectors,” according to a Tweet from the UAE Government. The five-year green visa in Dubai, UAE is one of the amendments authorised by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Vice President and Ruler of Dubai. This visa category is advantageous owing to the reduced, simplified standards and convenience of application, as a sponsor is not required.
What is the UAE Green Visa?
The UAE Government has announced several new programs, like the Green Visa, to aid in the expansion and development of the nation. It is a new legal document, a new kind of resident visa, that permits foreigners to sponsor themselves. This implies they no longer need to associate with a UAE-based firm or search for a sponsoring employer. The five-year green visa in Dubai, UAE is being tested due to the new entry and residence system intended to attract and keep global talents and skilled professionals, so UAE citizens and their families feel more secure.
The green visa in Dubai, UAE will allow holders to self-sponsor for five years, eliminating the requirement that a UAE national or employer sponsor their visa. Traditionally, expatriates were required to have a sponsor to reside and work in the UAE.
The green visa in Dubai, UAE allows students, graduates, investors, and entrepreneurs to sponsor themselves without first establishing ties to UAE-based businesses. In addition, the Green Visa offers a 90- to a 180-day window for document renewal, as opposed to the standard 30-day timeframe.
The advantages of obtaining a UAE Green Visa:
The UAE’s new Green Visa allows talented persons from all walks of life to live and work independently. Some of its advantages are listed below.
1. Sponsors are not required:
In contrast to other visas, green visa in Dubai, UAE do not need you to be sponsored by your company. In addition, your company does not have the authority to terminate your visa, which makes it considerably safer.
2. New benefits for family members:
● The new arrangement will assist family members in additional ways. For instance, in the UAE, citizens may now sponsor their first-degree relatives, including their wives and children, for five years of residency.
● The ICP declared that ex-pats were allowed a six-month grace period after their UAE residency visa expiration or revocation. Expats have six months to change their status, obtain a new residence visa, or leave the country. Fines are waived during grace periods. Nevertheless, if green visa holder fails to renew or cancel their visas, the dependents of that visa holder may be required to pay an overstay fine.
● In addition, children are now permitted to marry at the age of 25 (formerly 18), and unmarried daughters are no longer age-restricted. The residency permit issued to children of determination has no age restriction.
● First-degree relatives may accompany the bearer of the Green Residence. Nonetheless, family members must remain permanently for the same time as the primary resident.
3. Versatile Living & Simple Traveling:
Travel within and outside of the country is made simple by the Green Visa. In addition, if you need to travel abroad, you may swiftly depart and re-enter the Emirates. The UAE is a fantastic destination for international professionals to live and work. You may also utilise this visa if you are a student in the UAE.
Eligibility Criteria for a UAE Green Visa?
The green visa in Dubai, UAE created to attract and retain highly talented employees from across the world and increase the competitiveness and flexibility of the UAE employment market, generates a strong feeling of stability among UAE citizens and their families.
green visa in Dubai, UAE also promote the extension of the self-residency status for investors, entrepreneurs, highly qualified persons, top students, and graduates seeking employment and residence in the UAE.
Proof of a bachelor’s degree, a specialised certification, and a freelancing authorisation from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation are required for freelancers and self-employed persons (MoHRE).
Individuals working independently in the UAE and abroad in specialised sectors such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and digital currencies are also encouraged to apply. Candidates must have earned a minimum of AED 360 000 during the past two years or establish financial stability by living in the UAE.
According to MoHRE, highly skilled workers must be categorised in the first, second, or third occupational levels. Level one includes firm directors and executives, level two includes professionals in the scientific, technological, and human sectors, and level three includes professionals in the technical and human fields. For further information, see the list of jobs deemed by MoHRE to be in the top three occupational levels.
When it comes to skilled workers, they must have a legal employment contract, a wage of at least AED 15,000 per month, and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification.
As of today, investors who develop or participate in commercial operations in the UAE are eligible for five-year Green Visas as opposed to two-year visas, which is a significant incentive to apply. To qualify, investors or partners must have permission, proof of investment, and approval from the appropriate municipal authorities.
Green Visa in, UAE
The UAE has announced new residence permit for 5 years to attract talents, skilled professionals, freelancers, investors and entrepreneurs. This permit is called Green Visa. This visa offers longer flexible grace periods that reach up to six months to stay in the UAE after it expires. The Green Visa is a new visa category that differentiates between work and residency permits in the UAE.
BENEFITS OF THE UAE GREEN VISA
Government of UAE has launched the Green Visa to attract exceptional talents and propel economic growth. This new system of entry and residence permit has been introduced to attract global talents and skilled workers from all over the world. It aims to boost the competitiveness and flexibility of the job market and foster a high sense of stability among UAE residents and families.
- Get residence permits easily for family members (spouse, children and first-degree relatives)
- Ability to sponsor their male children up to 25 years, and for girl child there is no age limit for unmarried daughters
- Children of determination are granted a residence permit, irrespective of their age
- Can enjoy longer flexible grace periods for 6 months (to stay in the UAE) after the residence permit is expired.
How to Apply?
While applying for a green visa in Dubai, UAE, you must have the following documents:
- Possess a passport valid for at least six months
- A copy of your passport-sized photograph with a white backdrop
- Medical reports from local authorities
- Evidence of health insurance or a medical card
- A valid entrance permit
- Evidence of qualification Employment or freelancing permission issued by MOHRE
- A well-completed application form
There may be additional requirements for sponsoring family members including:
- Evidence of a confirmed rental agreement or ownership of a house.
- A copy of the sponsor’s passport and valid residency permit.
- A valid employment contract from the sponsor in the UAE. A birth certificate for the sponsor.
- Marriage certificate that has been authenticated in either English or Arabic.